The Director of IT is a senior level IT professional that will be a companywide leader responsible for the information technology, strategy, and operations of the company. The Director will work with Executive Management to help implement the vision of the Company by driving productivity and efficiency through the use of technological resources.
The Director of IT will report to the Chief Financial Officer of the company and will work closely with the GM’s of both the Cincinnati and Columbus locations. The CFO, as well as the GM’s, must feel strongly that this person has both the chemistry to work well with the team and the other associates within the business culture that currently exists.
The Director of IT is a full-time exempt (salaried) employee scheduled 40+ hours per week; it is a salaried paid position which will include standard company benefits. The position will be based out of the Cincinnati office and will require travel to our Columbus office.
- Change management champion. Drive ongoing process improvement to deliver increasing operational efficiency in all processes. Regularly collaborate with Executive Management on potential IT improvements.
- Drive upgrades to current version of dealer management software, IDS, minimizing risk/downtime during the conversion and leveraging the benefits and ROI drivers post-implementation.
- Support and help strategically shape our current IT infrastructure, including the evaluation of potential moves into the cloud and into co-location facilities.
- Work with business operations and other leaders in the organization as a collaborative team to create goals, solve problems and deliver results.
- Drive best practices and continue to educate the organization on new technologies and processes that could add value to the company.
- Meet regularly with department leaders to keep apprised of strategic direction and how it would be supported by current and future vendor relationships.
- Manage the review and negotiation of all IT vendor agreements. Leverage agreements, and consolidate multiple agreements to improve pricing and increase efficiencies.
- Manage the IT vendor on-boarding process and serve as main point of contact for vendor relationships with internal/external providers.
- Assist in establishing Service Level Agreements (SLA) and metrics including quality measurements for all vendors. Regularly review and evaluate SLA’s to identify areas of improvement.
- Serve as custodian for all process involving IT. Review industry/government best practices and implement those that would apply to the company.
- Ensure compliance with all software licensing agreements. Manage and safeguard software media and associate licenses. Track software versions.
- Plan and implement additions, deletions, and major modifications to the supporting regional infrastructure.
- Implement network security as appropriate.
- Troubleshoot connectivity problems; install and maintain routers and other networking equipment; add/terminate users; assign rights and access; perform backups and restores.
- Recommend, plan and implement upgrades to company’s telephone system.
- 5 – 10 years of IT management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related degree
- Experience in strategic technology planning, execution and policy development
- Understanding of computer systems, code, characteristics, features and integration capabilities
- Knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms and enterprise software applications
- Technological experience with systems networking, databases, Web Development and user support
- Expertise in ERP systems
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office products including Sharepoint
- Candidate must have reliable transportation and be reliable to report to work when scheduled
- Critical thinking capabilities
- Project management experience
- Experience with software/hardware implementations to a user base that varies regularly
- Travel required – up to 30%
Candidates must possess:
- Ability to interact with clients, coworkers, leadership teams, and departments in a positive and professional manner
- Ability to work safely with minimal supervision
- Excellent detail, organization and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at one time; assigning/delegating other tasks as needed
- A professional presence, excellent interpersonal skills and critical/creative problem solving skills
- Personal character in accordance with company’s core values and beliefs. Required to pass a drug and background check
The physical demands of this position require the ability to communicate orally and in writing, hear at a conversational level and use both hands. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to:
- Continuously use fingers, twist or bend wrists, and keep wrists in prolonged states of flexion or extension
- Frequently be required to sit and walk, grip fingers with pressure, and operate hand controls
- Occasionally the employee will be required to stand and twist while rotating the torso
- Infrequently the employee may be required to reach, carry up to 5 lbs. up to 20 ft., and lift a maximum of 10 lbs.
- This position may require stooping, kneeling, crawling, repeatedly bending, pushing 30 lbs. up to 3 ft., and keeping feet in prolonged positions of flexion or extension
The position will continuously be required to work indoors and frequently it will be required to work alone.
LOTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
*This job description is to serve as an outline for the main responsibilities of the position.
It includes but is not limited to the above outline.
Please contact Meghan Rose Hollan via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your resume.
No recruiters please.