LOTH used technology to enhance collaboration and productivity
When their predicted employee head count exceeded their available square footage, a Cincinnati-based medical device developer banked on its long history with LOTH, relying on LOTH’s expertise in delivering comprehensive solutions.
- real estate footprint: space needed for over 40 employees in a very constricted real estate footprint
- open environment: plan to transition from dedicated private offices to an open environment – a huge culture shift.
- company concerns: company representatives concerned about effects on privacy and noise levels, as well as attracting new talent and retaining an incredible research team.
- uncover trends: enlist employee surveys and observe work patterns to uncover trends – what is needed to accomplish specific tasks
- determine collaboration needs: analyze how groups interact with other departments and what constitutes collaboration among teams
- maximize footprint: maximize a smaller real estate footprint
- provide a functional workspace: provide each team member with an appropriate and functional workspace
- create neighborhood zones: established neighborhood zones to create purposeful adjacencies
- included multiple settings: provided a variety of open and enclosed settings
- support work flow: provided appropriate spaces that support the work users flow through during the day
- integrate technology: utilized media:scape to maximize the sharing of information and ideas – equally, quickly and seamlessly
- collaborative interaction: environment supports collaborative interaction within an open-plan setting
- smaller footprint: maximizes a smaller real estate footprint
- functional workspaces: provides each team member with an appropriate and functional workspace
- integrated technology: uses technology to enhance collaboration and productivity